Fulfilling our mission to improve people's lives through learning, Elgin Community College offers more than a vibrant learning environment, high academic standards, and a real educational value. We are proud to provide some of the most satisfying careers in the field of higher education. Make a bright choice for the future of our students—and for the future of your career. We are currently accepting applications for the Associate Dean of Library position.
Provide leadership in library operations and development to support instruction and learning for the College. Direct the daily activities of the ECC library faculty and support staff; manage the daily operations of the library; establish and maintain library department budget; provide planning for the library collection; evaluate services and library instruction, infrastructures and programming.
- Oversee library operations to include daily supervision of services and staff to ensure efficient library operations and prompt and courteous delivery of services to students, staff and faculty.
- Hire, train, schedule, supervise and evaluate library staff. Provide staff with professional career development, job mentoring and team building efforts to maintain a well-informed and efficient library staff. Interpret and administer collective bargaining agreement provisions to operate the College library in compliance with bargaining agreement contracts.
- Oversee library department budget. Plan and maintain budgetary expenses to comply with established accounting practices. Provide accurate and timely budget reporting.
- Develop and enhance library collection. Order and obtain materials (in print and in digital format) within established budget to maintain a comprehensive library collection that enhances student learning and meets or exceeds the institution's mission.
- Develop proposals for external funding and grant management to enhance further library collection and services.
- Provide program review and prepare reports for accrediting agencies and governing boards.
- Serve as the college's copyright officer.
- Develop and maintain internal/external partnerships and represent ECC library at state and local levels.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned which pertain to the job description.
- Master's degree (MA) or equivalent; or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Solid understanding of academic library services, including policies and procedures, collection development, and copyright law.
- Knowledge and experience of contract governance and implementation.
- Solid budgetary development and management experience.
- A solid working knowledge of library-related information technology, including online catalog administration, web development, state and local network infrastructure administration, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, with strong grant writing focus.
Elgin Community College is an Equal Employment, Equal Access Employer committed to increasing the diversity of our workforce.